Monday, June 06, 2005

Tournament Update

I know that most of you are not interested in following little league baseball in the state of Washington, but our family if fairly consumed by it right now - and I love it. Kyle's team won tonight in a nail biter. The final score was 9-9, but because of little league rules that won't allow play beyond 2:15 from the start of play, they went back to the last team with a lead at the end of an inning -which was the Red Sox (us). Kyle went 2 for 2 with a walk and three runs scored. Have I told ya'll how much I like little league baseball?

On a really cool note, I have had some great conversations with Joshua's coach. When he approached me about Joshua playing all-stars, he began asking me about how I knew I should go into ministry. It started a conversation that has not ended yet. He had a daughter who died of cancer at age nine - he had told me that in a previous conversation. He then said we should get together for coffee so he could tell me the story of his daughter. I am calling him tomorrow morning to see if he can do that coffee. I pray that God will give me His heart and His words as we talk.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dean-

We will be praying for you, him, and the entire situation. Isn't God awesome! I am interested in the baseball. I have been meaning to get to one of the games, but the hecticity (to quote you) has been high. Let me know if there is another one.

Anonymous said...

Knowing how much your compassion has helped me, I'm sure you will be a blessing to Josh's coach. Prayers.

Anonymous said...

will we get an update?

* tell kyle "AWESOME".
I wish he was with us right now at JH camp in Malibu.

Dean Kuest said...

An update on coach - he cancelled and said that he would like to get together after the season is over. Trying to balance work and all the little league games and practices is a chore.