Thursday, March 13, 2008

A Tradition Begins Anew

Okay, so I haven't blogged here for about two years. But Liz has encouraged me to blog my boys baseball games so that family and friends outside of the state can follow along. It'll be a full season for the Kuest family.

Kyle made the Freshman team at Snohomish High. It is a school known for a great baseball program - they took second in state last year. 48 kids tried out for the Freshman team and they only kept 16. He'll pitch, play a little first and a little outfield.

Joshua had an outrageous season last year on a team that was 28-3. Two of their losses came in the Tournament of Champions at the end of the season where they took second place out of all of the Little League teams in Snohomish County. This season he'll play on a select team for the same coach and many other kids from last years 12 year old all-star team - The Snohomish RiverCats. So keep an eye out for further updates.

Andrew and Brett will play in the Minors this year for the Mets. We bumped Brett up to play with the big guys so that we would not have to have four boys on four teams - four on three teams will be crazy enough. It will be their first year playing "real" baseball. I am the Assistant Coach for their team. So far, we look pretty good, so I'm excited about what the season holds for us.

4 comments:

AZDonna said...

Dean, there was mold growing on this blog. I'm so glad you have scrubbed it off and started up again. It'll go back on my blog feeds. Can't wait to read all the baseball and family updates.

Dean Kuest said...

Hopefully the smell of the bleach that I used to clean the moss doesn't make you feel ill. It will be good to be connected again. I find baseball and my kids very easy to write about, while the travails of church planting usually leave me staring at a computer screen for an hour with nothing to show for it.

The Coffey Grounds said...

Praise the Lord! The Kuest family is blogging again. Holy cow the spotted cow is even fainting! Just ragging ya. It's great to see u back. I'm in San Fran right now and about fell into the Bay when I read your email. I guess nagging u paid off! Hugs and kisses to ya'll. P.S. Dean how do you spell coffey ? You're killing me!

jen said...

Seriously, I was checking on you one last time before I removed the link from my favorites. And to my complete surprise there are NEW UPDATES! YEAH! The Kuest family has returned to the 21st century. HA! Check out updates on our family at www.russell5.com