Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Emotionally Exhausted


This is my friend Alex. I've known him for two and a half years - pretty much since we started our church. He's struggled with depression and wrestled with the pain of childhood sins that were committed against him. He believes in Jesus, trusts that his promises will eventually come true, but can't quite understand how that makes any sense today.
Two weeks ago today, Alex ended his life. I conducted the Memorial for him on Saturday. His family all lived out of town and they were able to be a part of it. His work associates were there as were his friends from Pathways. There is no easy way to deal with suicide as a community, but it is even more painful when it is someone you all loved, but who could not love himself.

2 comments:

AZDonna said...

I'm very sorry about your friend. Hugs and prayers.

Cyndee said...

I think about him so often...