Tuesday, May 06, 2008

How to Get Out of Trouble...

Last week, I was home alone with Andrew (9) and Jamie (3). I was upstairs, they were downstairs. I heard a cracking sound and Andrew bursting into tears. I correctly interpreted the sound as a toy being cracked over Andrew's head. Andrew, crying loudly, began the trek upstairs to report the crime to me. Jamie, in spite of his mere three years of age, already knows what is about to take place and devises a plan in head to avert the tragedy that may soon fall upon him. What I encounter is Andrew coming up the stairs with Jamie following behind him, pleading, "Jesus loves you, Andrew. Jesus loves you". When he saw that this was not working, his pleading turned to anger, "ANDREW! JESUS LOVES YOU! ANDREW!"

It was everything that I could do to keep from laughing.

2 comments:

jen said...

that is awesome! (thanks for the update.) :)

The Coffey Grounds said...

Aww too sweet just like Big Jamie!