Thursday, October 14, 2004

A New Era

I recently read a quote by Henry David Thoreau which says, "How many a man has dated a new era in his life from the reading in a book!"

There were obviously more elements that played into my life than the reading of one book, however, there is one book that I give more credit than others. I read Erwin McManus' book, "Seizing your Divine Moment" at a time that I was eagerly seeking God, but I was looking for some easy pre-defined (by me) answers. I wanted certainty.

Isn't that ironic. I want to live by faith, but I want certainty. Faith implies a certainty in God's presence in our lives, but it doesn't remove uncertainty from life. It still requires the unseen or there is no need for faith.

A quote: "But don't look for God to fill in all the blanks. Don't wait for Him to remove all the uncertainty. Realize He may actually increase the uncertainty and leverage all the odds against you, just so that you will know in the end that it wasn't your gifts but His power through your gifts that fulfilled His purpose in your life."

No comments: