Monday, December 27, 2004

Would you like to be a partner?

Many of you have responded to our notes and letters asking how you can be a part of our team as we plant this church in the Seattle area. First, please pray for us on a regular basis. This area is known as the most unchurched area of the United States (along with Oregon). We have talked to many different church planters in the area who are struggling to make it. It is not an environment where churches thrive. Second, many of you have asked how you can give a one time gift or be a regular giver to our ministry. We are not yet incorporated as a church as of yet, that should come in the Spring of next year, so until that time, the Christian Evangelistic Association (the church planting organization that we are working with) is taking in our funding for us.

You can mail donations to:
Christian Evangelistic Association
Re: Dean and Leslie Kuest
P.O. Box 92
Edmonds, WA 98020

Thank you for caring about what we do here in the Northwest!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Dean!

My name is Autumn and I am a good friend of David and Jamie Mulhern's. Just this past August I made the move to Redmond, WA from Chandler, AZ. I'm 23, not married, no kids, so I did it all on my own. It was very scary and a bit out of character for me to do something like that. A funny series of events led to my decision to move there, and I'm sure that God was behind it.

So far, I've been very fortunate; I was only unemployed for 2 weeks before finding the best job I've ever had. I even have a boyfriend now! But I'm missing church in a big way. Back home, I used to go to Faith Church of the Valley, now located on Chandler and Cooper. I was baptised there just a year ago. But the thing I miss more than anything is the Tuesday night Bible Study that Jamie started more than two years ago... Gosh, maybe it's even closer to three! I was there in the very beginning and it was through that study and the friends that I made there that I came to know Christ.

The biggest problem with me finding a church right now is just transportation. I have been getting around using the King County bus system and hope to be buying a car by February. The church I was planning on attending is called "Mars Hill," located in Ballard. Do you know it? I've only been there once and I enjoyed it immensely! But I'm very interested in what you're trying to do here; and it sounds like you're leaning towards planting your church right in my neck of the woods! So I'll be checking in on your blog from time to time to see how everything is going. Also, feel free to email me if there is anything I can do to help. I would love to meet you and your family sometime!

Sincerely,

Autumn Robertson
TasukisBetrothed@hotmail.com
(Yahoo Messenger and AIM name also TasukisBetrothed)

Dean Kuest said...

Autumn, you have no idea how encouraging your post is. We are having a Tuesday night Bible study here in Bellevue. We have some close friends who live in Redmond as well who are a part of it. I'll email you and give you the details. We'd love to have you be a part of it.