Thursday, February 03, 2005

Back

The rain followed me to San Diego then it followed me to AZ - cleared up and the clear followed me to Seattle. Weather does not get any nicer than it is here right now.

San Diego was awesome in that Leslie and I got to spend time talking, praying and laughing with John and Sherri Chandler. We are so excited they are coming to Seattle.

I also got to spend time with a guy named John Hickman - one of my new heroes. He has been a pastor in Spokane, WA for 26 years. Recently, he has become more and more convinced that God was calling him to start a new church - one that would reach out to a younger generation. He left his church, which did not understand, and has stepped into the unknown to follow a call that God has laid on his heart. Awesome! But that is still not nearly as awesome as the heart of this big guy. Praying with him in tears as he lifted John and I up before our Father was a holy moment.

1 comment:

Eric Henley said...

That does sound truly amazing! I'll continue to keep you and your family in mind as you continue this awesome adventure.