Thursday, February 03, 2005

Take the Quiz and Comment

Okay, this will only be interesting if you actually take the quiz and comment on it. Here is the deal. Below you will find a list of 14 belief systems. Rank them from 1 to 14 with 1 being the strongest belief system to which you hold yourself. I did this in a class and it really made me think about what I really feel strongly about what is only theory in my life. In the comment, list how you ranked them.

Law and Order: elimination of crime and unrest

A Comfortable Life: a pleasurable and successful life

A World at Peace: a world free of war and conflict

Your Life: protection of your life

Equality: brotherhood, equal opportunity for all

Lives Of Our Loved Ones: survival of your loved ones

National Defense: protection from attack

Personal & Family Security: safe and free from worry

Respect From Others: looked up to, admired by others

Salvation: saved, eternal life

Self-Fulfillment: developing myself, my life fully

Wisdom: a mature, satisfying understanding of life

Democracy: a truly democratic representative government

All Human Life: the survival of all human life

2 comments:

krystofer said...

interesting thought, Zach.
John and Tiina are both copping out, it's a limited excercise.

here's my fleshy, selfish list.

Lives of loved ones
Salvation
Wisdom
Respect from Others
A comfortable life
A World at Peace
Law and Order
Equality
All human life
Self Fulfillment
Your Life
National Defense
Democracy

Dean Kuest said...

Okay, I'll list what I came up with in the 5 minutes I had to do this in a seminar. I'm going to take a different path than Zach and say that if Salvation is number one on my list, the rest of these things ought to be a natural outpouring of our lives.

1) Salvation
2) Wisdom
3) Equality
4) Lives of our loved ones
5) All Human Life
6) Self Fulfillment: (Defined as self-development, not gratification)

A Natural Outcome if 1-5 are our commitment
7) Law and Order
8) Respect from others
9) Personal and Family security
10) A World at Peace

These really don't matter to God's Kingdom
11) Your Life
12) National Defense
13) Democracy
14) A Comfortable Life

Also, understand that this is my "This is the way my life ought to be" list. Making decisions based upon this list is a whole different ballgame.